FOLLOW-UP: Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

As we enter our second full season of pumpkin spice on Junk Banter, there will be many limited editions items that are making a return appearance. Since nobody read the blog last year, we may occasionally follow-up on some high interest items. Too bad nobody reads the blog in Year 2 either.

Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Today’s follow-up is Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, which are currently available at Target stores. I originally reviewed these cupcakes as part of a Cupcake Threesome last September (link is – the very early stages of the blog. I was obsessed with these cupcakes. I gave them a 9.5 out of 10, a score high enough to earn the 4th Overall seed in our meaningless Pumpkin Power Rankings.

But let’s be honest… can you really trust the opinion of a guy who was just excited he figured out how to start a website? 9.5 seems pretty high for a Hostess cupcake, doesn’t it?

I followed up on Instagram last night:

Pumpkin Follow-Up: Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Early last September, I reviewed these cupcakes for the blog and professed my love. The site was barely two months old and I was lucky if two people read the review. I gave them a 9.5. Yes, a Hostess cupcake... a 9.5. Was it bias? Was my scoring system flawed without many reviews under my belt? Here's the Year 2 follow up: --- OMG I still love these so much. Listen, sometimes I want super complex crazy shit from my pumpkin. These cupcakes are exactly what I wanted them to be. The cake is moist as hell, it tastes like pumpkin spice, it's got sugary frosting... it's your favorite lunchbox fatso cupcake turned into pumpkin spice. Some might say the cream is a bit too much, but I say that it wouldn't be a Hostess cupcake if this were not the case. --- The Ruling on the Field Stands: 9.5 out of 10

A post shared by JunkBanter.com 🍫🍺💪🏼 (@junkbanter) on

So there you have it. These cupcakes are awesome and you cannot convince me otherwise. It’s a frosted miniature pumpkin exploding with cream. Go buy ’em.

The Ruling on the Field stands.

Blog’s Popularity in Year 1 Rating: 0 out of 10
Blog’s Popularity in Year 2 Rating: 0.5 out of 10
Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat