FOLLOW-UP: Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls

As we enter our second full season of pumpkin spice on Junk Banter, there will be many limited editions items that are making a return appearance. Since nobody read the blog last year, we may occasionally follow-up on some high interest items. Too bad nobody reads the blog in Year 2 either.

Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls

Today’s follow-up is Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls. Last year I gave them a 7 out of 10, a score that currently earns the 26th Overall seed in our meaningless Pumpkin Power Rankings.

To read the original review in its entirety, click the link below:

REVIEW: Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls (as told by some idiot).

Today I’m following up because just look at these things. When you find yourself face-to-face with Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice anything, you are powerless to a purchase. I’ve seen many rave about these Pumpkin Spice Rolls like they were the greatest thing since sliced pumpkin bread, so why not give them another go?

I followed up on Instagram last night:

Pumpkin Follow-Up: Little Debbie's Pumpkin Spice Rolls. This was another review that occurred in the infant months of Junk Banter, and I rated them a 7 out of 10. I've heard many rave about them this season, so let's see if my pumpkin palate has changed one year later. --- I wrote of the cakes: "These pumpkin spice shame logs are EXPLODING with cream." This is still what holds these back for me today. The cream doesn't have any spices in it; only the cake. Combined with the icing, the sweet elements really bully the pumpkin spices. The vaguely vanilla creme flavor is a lot more prominent than the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger that are present. Still a fine treat but opportunities missed. --- Here's what I've learned in Year 2: freeze 'em. It helps cut the sweetness somehow (somebody science me please) and the creme takes on the texture of a soft cream cheese. Rating stays the same, but try these cold if you haven't already. --- The Ruling on the Field Stands. 7 out of 10.

A post shared by JunkBanter.com 🍫🍺💪🏼 (@junkbanter) on

And there you have it. Delicious cakes, but not perfectly pumpkin. I really wish they had blended some of the spices into the creme if they’re going to give me so much of it. When frozen, the textures improve and the flavors become more fully developed.Confession: I had no doubt these would still be a 7. I just wanted to eat one.

Blog’s Popularity in Year 1 Rating: 0 out of 10
Blog’s Popularity in Year 2 Rating: 0.5 out of 10
Overall Rating: 7 out of 10

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat