REVIEW: Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates Ice Cream

“Life is like a box of chocolates.” ~ Forrest Gump.

“Ice cream is life.” ~ Everyone.

Ohhh I see what they did here:

Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates Ice Cream

Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates Ice Cream

Normally with a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get. But with Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates, you know exactly what you’re gonna get: dark chocolate raspberry truffles, milk chocolate butter bourbon caramel truffles, and dark chocolate salted caramel truffles! All of it folded into milk chocolate ice cream.

Life has never been so fattening and glorious.

Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates Ice Cream

Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates has released before with different mix-ins. The 2017 version places heavy emphasis on truffles and caramel, but has a bit of everything. We’ve got some fruit, we’ve got some booze, and we’ve got two different kinds of chocolate – a milk base and dark candies. It’s an innovative and playful release appropriate for Valentine’s Day.

Or in my case… a romantic Monday night alone.

The milk chocolate base in Turkey Hill Gertrude Box of Chocolate is… well, it’s chocolate ice cream. Very smooth and creamy with a tasty chocolate profile. It may not blow you away but it absolutely gets the job done.

Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates Ice Cream

It’s the trio of truffles that make this ice cream worthy of your money. Each is respectable in size and their frequency is high. The truffle centers are rich and the filling oozes out when you bite into them.

The dark chocolate raspberry truffle tastes like jelly ring candies (a criminally underrated treat). The milk chocolate brown butter bourbon caramels are buttery and sweet. They fall short of being distinctly boozy, but there’s still a certain bite to them. The dark chocolate salted caramel truffles are exactly as advertised with a salty node that feels fancy.

The execution is better than I anticipated for Turkey Hill Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates. Though the milk chocolate base could be a little richer, it’s a really fun experience mining for your next truffle without knowing for certain which one you’ll get. The candies are delicious and offer contrast that ranges from sweet to salty to fruity to almost-boozy. This is everything that a box of chocolates should be.

Fattening and glorious.

Fattening Rating: 8 out of 10
Glorious Rating: 8 out of 10
Overall Rating: 8 out of 10

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat