QUICK BITES: Lay’s Poppables (Sea Salt & White Cheddar)

Quick Bites are rapid-fire reviews without the lame story and full array of images. Today’s quick bite is:

Lay’s Poppables

Lay's Poppables

Lay’s Poppables

Description: Frito Lay describes Lay’s Poppables as “perfectly poppable crispy potato bites.” This new launch brings with it two flavors: a classic Sea Salt and a cheesy White Cheddar. The shape and texture of these things is what makes them so appealing to me – they’re super puffy potato snacks that are immensely satisfying to crunch on. Additionally, you can eat close to 30 chips in a 150 calorie serving. Pop ’til you drop or something like that.

Lay’s Poppables White Cheddar is definitely the more flavorful of the two. The white cheddar is more accurately a blend of cheddar cheese and romano cheese, and there is some light onion and garlic flavor poking through. They bring us all hope that 3D Doritos will one day return, as they were some of the greatest snacking known to man.

Lay’s Poppables Sea Salt is a much more simple and straightforward flavor but I still enjoy them. They have a good salty & greasy flavor without actually being too greasy, if that makes sense. Personally I like when my potato chips still taste like potatoes. It’s the texture that elevates these – they’re like lattice-cut orbs of potato science.

Burning Questions:

  1. Are they better than 3D Doritos? LOL, no.
  2. Why did they discontinue 3D Doritos? Probably something you did wrong.
  3. Will they bring back 3D Doritos? Please.

Place of Purchase: Walmart

Rating: 7.5 out of 10 (White Cheddar); 7 out of 10 (Sea Salt)

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat
: junkbanter

To contact us via e-mail, send a message to junkbanter@gmail.com

Facebook Comments

Related Posts

  1. Mike says:

    I felt like these were not as filling or satisfying as regular chips. I probably ate a whole bag, and went “welp. I ate a whole bag and I still have room for more. what now?” But I agree with your review. Good, but the downfall to me is the “filling” factor.

    • Junk Male says:

      I feel you on that. I do like the light snacking option though since I’m not usually turning to chips to get full. But they are not a hearty snack by any means.

  2. Marc P says:

    Recommendation: beat the heck out of the bag to make crumbs of these and go dump truck style. They are outstanding with the texture combined with that. Delightful..

  3. Jennifer says:

    I just picked up the white cheddar ones, based on this review, and I love them! Thanks for the review 🙂

    • Junk Male says:

      A happy ending! Haha so glad this was helpful and it lived up to your expectations. Thanks for reading!

  4. Jennifer says:

    Have you reviewed Philadelphia Cheesecake Cups yet? I have a love for junk food myself and haven’t seen many reviews for those yet. 🙂
    Keep up the awesome reviews!

Leave a comment below!