  1. Erin says:

    I’m so jealous you got to try them all! I always check every store and each one only has like two flavors 🙁

  2. Junk Male says:

    They just increased their distribution so much and entered a lot of new stores! I hope you find soon. By me I’m able to find at Shop Rite and a select few at Giant/Stop & Shop.

  3. Monica says:

    Next review roundup I hope you do: A ranking of all RXBAR flavors, including the three newest varieties. I definitely know how I would rank them, but I’m curious what you think.

  4. Marc P says:

    Your lips to God’s ears: “I would have welcomed extra calories if it meant some real cake pieces in here, but I can’t remember the last time I didn’t say that about anything… ever.”
    You could also sub out cake pieces for pastrami for anything in the savory side of the world.

  5. Sarah says:

    Ok… this is my first time here on junkbanter. I ended up here because I was looking up this new “Enlightened” ice cream I heard about, while actually eating half a pint of the Salted Caramel. I don’t know who this guy is that wrote the descrips for the flavors, but not only is he dead on — at least with the flavor I was eating — completely agree, but he’s friggin hysterical. I read through EVERY flavor description just so I could get a chuckle.
    “Walden Farms frankensyrup” ?
    — HYSTERICAL!
    “Stevia on cucumbers” ? …
    — I CAN’T EVEN!!
    #cuteverycute
    PS – I really enjoyed the Salted Caramel. It did the trick for fulfilling that need for sweet. Will definitely try more flavors and will steer clear from the more plain chocolate ones. ?
    PS – And I never claimed to love kale.
    #kalesucks ?

  6. d Chap says:

    This “ice cream’ is beyond vile! I don’t believe these reviews are genuine. They may have been written by people who profit from selling the ice cream. They appear to be a knock off of Halo Top. I eat Halo Top all the time. Aside from the fact that Halo Top is a bit sweeter than premium ice cream, I like it as much. Enlightened tastes like it is made out of a mix of chemicals. It appears to me to be a Halo knock off in terms of the flavors being sold and the packaging. But Enlightened is simply vile while Halo Top is delicious. I suspect that the company making Enlightened has also put up deceptive posts all through the internet with positive reviews of Enlightened. I have staff who are tracking those down and looking into where it is produced and what is really in it. The company itself does not answer their phone. They have answering messages that direct you to the internet. They have no customer service that takes calls, as far as I can tell. By the way, this stuff is not edible at all. I let it become nearly soup to give it another try after having allowed it only to soften at first. And it was as vile in soup form as it was soft. Vile is vile! What is in it? Where is it manufactured?

    • Junk Male says:

      Thank you for your comment. Just like my Halo Top review, I received no benefit from this review. I don’t profit from Halo sales or Enlightened sales and I have zero ties to either company. As I state in my review, I think Halo Top is better at some flavors and Enlightened is better at others. You are entitled to your criticisms, however I personally find it odd that you think Enlightened is that much different than Halo in terms of quality and ingredients. Mostly everyone I speak to in the fitness community likes some Enlightened flavors a lot, and some not at all. I am the same way. I also ripped apart their new protein marshmallow crispy treats in a review, and they were gracious for the honest feedback (no matter how negative it was). I’ve met the family that created this business at the Sweets & Snacks Expo, and they’re genuinely nice, hardworking people. It’s fine that you don’t enjoy it, no taste buds were created equal, but it’s unfair to cry conspiracy when there simply is none.

  7. c says:

    triple chocolate is great….. I only eat bitterswet chocolate and do not like milk chocolate so this being very chocolaty and not very sweet only makes it better.

  8. GirlWhoActuallyLovesKaleANDIceCream says:

    Haha you’re great. Thanks for the reviews man! I’m convinced certain batches of enlightened and halo are different. I’ve had the same pints taste completely different on different occasions. Or it could just be my weird ass taste buds (I didn’t like peanut butter as a kid). You’re hilarious though. Keep the reviews and ig posts coming. I live vicariously through you.

  9. Anna says:

    My husband and I are on weight watchers. So happy I found this ice cream. My husband is a big ice cream fanatic. Just love the salted Carmel bars. The fudge need a little work very bad aftertaste.

  10. Sara says:

    I found enlighted to be much creamier, but so much blander, than halo top. If you look at the sodium content of each I think that’s where the difference lies. Halo top has more sodium, similar to regular ice cream. The oatmeal enlighted was pretty good and I realized it’s got more sodium. I was SO excited to try birthday cake and snickerdoodle, but they were incredibly bland, and they have almost no sodium. If I could salt them I seriously would because at 60-70 calories a serving I can eat the whole pint. The other flavors with 100 cals per serving? I might as well get some Edy’s slow churned cookies and cream, which has 110 cals/serving, tastes like actual ice cream, and costs less than half of the protein ice creams.

    • Junk Male says:

      Some solid observations for sure, but I disagree so much that Birthday Cake and Snickerdoodle are bland. I think Enlightened’s Birthday Cake flavor is much better than Halo Top’s in fact. For some of the other flavors, I’d agree with your analysis. I think the the two trade their head-to-battles.

  11. T wolfe says:

    These aren’t knock off reviews. I love enlightened and eat it all the time. Halo top on the other hand is way too high in sodium and cholesterol albeit I do like the pumpkin pie one just not enough to drive up my cholesterol.