  1. modok says:

    Sorry, I could’ve warned you about that. I too had my hopes and dreams shattered when these first came out a couple years ago.

    Along with whatever specially flavored cupcakes Hostess puts out for the various holidays and seasons, there’s always one that’s just a festively colored regular cupcake. This is the Halloween version of that.

    The funny thing is that when these were new, some people were insisting that they WERE candy corn-flavored, not realizing that the slight vanilla flavor and extreme sugariness are just how Hostess yellow cupcakes always taste.

    (Love your blog, by the way.)

    • Junk Male says:

      I actually learned this the hard way two years ago as well, when nobody read this website lol. It was time to revisit it to warn people. The thing is, they already do their festive ones called “Scarycakes” with chocolate cupcakes. So calling the Golden version of that “Candy Corn” falls outside their normal naming convention. Thanks for the comment!