REVIEW: Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake

Every year I look forward to getting kisses on Valentine’s Day.

Hershey's Kisses Cupcake

Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake

This year, the only Kisses I’ll be receiving on this or any other day are courtesy of Hershey’s and their brand new Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake flavor.

Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake are a Target exclusive for Valentine’s Day 2017. They’re technically “White Cookie Cupcake” Kisses with colored cookies and “cupcake flavor!” If you’re wondering how these are any different than the Birthday Cake Kisses at Walmart, guys… there are f*cking cupcakes on the package!

Hersey's Kisses Cupcake

Just buy them and be happy.

You’re certainly right to question it though. Birthday Cake Kisses also featured colored cookies and had “birthday cake flavor!” Since cupcakes are nothing more than tiny cakes, these Kisses could very well be the exact same thing. But those damn Birthday Cake Kisses were incredibly hard to find. And when you can’t get the person you want to be your Valentine, you just… ya know, settle for something similar.

Hershey's Kisses Cupcake

Where Hershey’s Kisses Birthday Cake looked like the tits of a unicorn, Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake look like the tits of a pink unicorn.

I’m getting a lot more action on Valentine’s Day than I thought I would. ?

Taste wise, Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake are just like I remember the Birthday Cake ones. Their foundation is similar to the Hershey’s Cookies & Creme Bar – same white chocolate and same cookie crunch. However, they have more of a vanilla frosting flavor than the candy bar and no cocoa flavor in the cookies. The creamy white chocolate confection is reminiscent of buttercream as it melts effortlessly in your mouth. Yeah, I know the “cake” part of the cupcake isn’t here, but the truth is that I really do enjoy these as is.

Be warned you must have a pretty strong sweet tooth – my only true criticism.

Since I’m a mutant and I keep emergency stocks of every single junk food ever released in my basement, I did a side-by-side comparison with the Birthday Cake Kisses.

Yeah, same shit for the most part. I think the Hersey’s Kisses Cupcake might have slightly more vanilla flavor to them, but that’s probably just my fat brain imagining fat people things.

Hershey’s Kisses Cupcake are delicious candies that we’ve more or less seen already. Hershey’s took the cheap road and basically rebranded the Birthday Cake Kisses for Valentine’s Day, so now you get to take the cheap road on Valentine’s Day and buy these for your significant… self.

I have to score these a little lower because Hershey’s could have done something A LITTLE more special for the Valentine’s Day version – a vanilla truffle center, anyone?

Anyone…?

Somebody be my Valentine. ?

Eating Cupcakes on Valentine’s Day Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Kissing Nobody on Valentine’s Day Rating: 0 out of 10
Overall Rating: 8 out of 10

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat