REVIEW: Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M’s

Ask a hundred people on the street when the last time they had peanut brittle was and they’ll all tell you the same thing: get the hell away from me.

Peanut brittle is one of those rare candies that’s pretty much nonexistent for 90% of the year, and then completely overlooked during the other 10% that it’s sold (the holidays).

It could just be that brittle never got proper footing. Legend has it that some woman in the 1890s invented brittle by mistake when she was making taffy, but accidentally used baking soda instead of cream of tartar. Doesn’t seem like a proper introduction, now does it?

For what it’s worth… that woman is now dead. But I think it’s time we finally gave more attention to something that’s literally a cooked wall of sugar with peanuts trapped inside.

Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M's

Somebody help him!

Now that’s more like it! Turn anything into a seasonal M&M and it’s basically muscle memory that my eyes are drawn to it.

I have so many questions before I dig into M&M’s Peanut Brrr-ittle:

  • Is it brittle or M&M’s?
  • Is it brittle made with Peanut M&M’s?
  • Are they just regular Peanut M&M’s with a fun name?
  • What is cream of tartar?

The package features a shivering Yellow trapped in the cold, freezing his peanuts off.

Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M's

“Why is nobody helping me?”

The first question is answered right away: these are peanut M&M’s (not actual brittle) colored like Christmas.

Eating one answers a second question: these definitely taste different than regular Peanut M&M’s. The flavor is certainly unique for M&M’s and, quite frankly, it’s very intriguing. The sweetness in Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M’s is a deeper, darker one like brown sugar. It tastes nutty, slightly caramelized, roasty, and other words that I can make up on the spot.

Very crunchly.

They also have a certain “Pecan Pie M&M” quality, last seen in Pecan Pie M&M’s.

And if any M&M should have a peanut other than Peanut M&M’s, it’s Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M’s. Let’s face it – M&M’s with nuts are a step above M&M’s without. The peanut definitely improves the flavor and helps bring it a step closer to what peanut brittle tastes like, though the final landing spot isn’t quite the same thing. That’s because there’s milk chocolate and a candy shell on top of it, and boy is the combo tasty.

I will say that the flavor feels so mature that you’re not tempted to mindlessly eat them. Probably for the best.

Peanut Brrr-ittle M&M’s were brrr-illiant idea. We got a unique flavor never attempted before, a limited edition peanut flavor, AND seasonal packaging. That’s the M&M Trifecta as far as I’m concerned.

By the way… you let Yellow die in the cold while you were reading this.

He’s with Brittle Lady now.

Cream of Tartar Rating: ?? out of 10
Frostbite on Your Ballsack Rating: 0 out of 10
Overall Rating: 8 out of 10

To keep up with all of our product finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanter
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat
: junkbanter

To contact us via e-mail, send a message to junkbanter@gmail.com

Facebook Comments

4 Responses

  1. Elizabeth says:

    1. Damn your ads, I got distracted by cookie dough flavored popcorn and was drawn into almost purchasing $30 worth of popcorn before realizing I was actually meant to be reading your post and not going broke/getting diabetes.
    2. Never fail to crack me up!
    3. I was so beyond confused about that packaging display so appreciate the clarification! Thanks for being the original snack food junkie reviewer with the most entertaining content available!

    • Junk Male says:

      Wow Elizabeth thanks so much! I thought you were just going to slam me for having ads at first haha. They help pay for all the junk I talk about. I’m glad you’re enjoying the reviews. Please let me know how the cookie dough flavored popcorn is… better yet, I’ll just review it.

  2. chrissie says:

    i LOL’d at Frostbite on Your Ballsack rating!!

    When i saw these on your Instagram i was like No way, they are probably just regular peanut M&Ms in a holiday packaging like you thought too.

    When the Caramel M&Ms came out, there was such a media hype and fuss about it, before they even hit the shelves. I didn’t see any publicity about these Brrr-ittle ones, so i was like THIS IS A HOLIDAY HOAX.

    I’m glad they taste good and fancy, I want to try them!!

    -Chrissie aka Sugary Satire

    • Junk Male says:

      Haha! Well the thing with Caramel M&M’s is they developed new manufacturing methods to finally get a fluid-ish center inside an M&M. So it was a big deal for them, and it’s a permanent flavor. They never do ANYTHING to promote these limited releases, which is why people like me exist.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *