FOLLOW-UP: Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream

As we enter our second full season of pumpkin spice on Junk Banter, there will be many limited editions items that are making a return appearance. Since nobody read the blog last year, we may occasionally follow-up on some high interest items. Too bad nobody reads the blog in Year 2 either.

Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream

Today’s follow-up is Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. I reviewed this last September in the early days of the blog. My review skillz were raw at best – somehow worse than they are today. I gave Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake a perfect 10 out of 10 – the first time I awarded a perfect score. It has since been bested by but two products in our meaningless Pumpkin Power Rankings.

(To read the original review in its entirety, click here.)

But perspective is everything. This was the first ice cream I had tackled in our quest to review pumpkin everything. Framing it next to other junk food like pumpkin spice marshmallows and pumpkin flavored dog treats, of course it’s going to blow everything away. Is it possible I got too excited and gave away the 10 prematurely?

I followed up on Instagram last night:

Pumpkin Follow-Up: Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake. Last year, I reviewed this ice cream and awarded it a perfect score: 10 out of 10. We were in the middle of a journey to review every pumpkin thing thrown our way, and this was by far the best at the time. Because I'm hungry and I want some, let me see if I agree with myself one year later. --- Still my favorite Ben & Jerry's. The pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is creamy as all hell. Pumpkin is still on point with real pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. ✔️ --- The graham cracker swirl is what the Gods eat. Of the swirl, I wrote: "It makes me want to purchase a graham cracker factory, pay Ben & Jerry full asking price to produce nothing but the swirl, then immediately close it to the public so nobody could eat it but me." I still want this more than anything. --- Here's the opportunity for improvement I see a year and many Ben & Jerry's pints later. Give me a little more swirl, or give it a little more crunch factor. That's it. "What kind of food blogger would change his own rating?" Guys, nobody read any of this and nobody cares. --- Revised Rating: 9.5 out of 10

A post shared by JunkBanter.com 🍫🍺💪🏼 (@junkbanter) on

Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake is an amazing ice cream. It’s terribly hard to find for good reason – it flies off the shelf this time of year. I give it my highest recommendation, but have seen some inconsistency with the swirl density between the three pints I’ve had. The swirl is something special and there could be more of it.

Of course, it’s important to remember that none of this matters and I will probably wake up tomorrow thinking it’s flawless again.

Blog’s Popularity in Year 1 Rating: 0 out of 10
Blog’s Popularity in Year 2 Rating: 0.5 out of 10
Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat