REVIEW: General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

Cheerio, pumpkin bitches! Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are finally here!

General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

Cheerios were once a cereal reserved for babies and Grandpa. With the new Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, the target demographics have expanded to include white girls and fatass food bloggers with pumpkin fetishes named Junk Banter. Where were Pumpkin Spice Cheerios when I was a kid? Can you imagine little baby Junk Banter, eating Pumpkin Spice Cheerios and pumpkin spice paint chips while getting dangerously close to an electrical outlet with the wrong end of a spoon? Cute!

Pumpkin Spice Cheerios were subtly announced when General Mills released Strawberry Cheerios. They’re the latest in an onslaught of pumpkin spice cereals we’ll see this year, to include Pumpkin Spice Life Cereal and Special K Pumpkin Spice Crunch. I like to consume at least a little bit of pumpkin at every meal from August through November. It’s nice to have some new pumpkin breakfast options other than Pop Tarts and Oreos and Cookie Butter this year.

General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are made with whole grains outs and are gluten free and are pumpkin spice! I opened the box hoping the pumpkin would wallop me like a Glade plug-in. This wasn’t the case. But when I shoved a handful into my mouth, it instantly felt like it was November. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are LOADED with pumpkin spices.

For one and a half seconds, Pumpkin Spice Cheerios taste exactly like Honey Nut Cheerios. Perfectly sweet but still oats. Soon after, the pumpkin spice bottom drops out. Holy cloves! I tasted a some serious cloves first, followed by a strong burst of nutmeg. It’s refreshing to see cloves featured so prominently since so many commercial PS products omit it entirely. The result is a deeply satisfying, definitely pumpkin cereal designed exclusively for pumpkinheads. It’s surprising that cinnamon is only a minor player here, but cinnamon is featured in a million other cereals. I like these ratio a lot!

General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

Milk mellows the pumpkin spices only a bit, and I feel this will be a good thing for most palates. Cloves are pretty aggressive in general. The spice blend becomes more balanced in milk. Full disclosure: I used vanilla almond milk which imparted some additional flavor here. This took it from Pumpkin Spice Cheerios to Pumpkin Pie Cheerios. I tasted more pumpkin puree, and the slightly softened floury oats began to remind of pie crust. Tis the season indeed. We made it.

Pumpkin Spice Cheerios are an AWESOME addition to the General Mills lineup. These need to return every year. They blow Trader Joe’s Pumpkin O’s out of the water. Sorry Trader Joe.

In summary, Honey Nut Cheerios meets Pumpkin Pie.

Pumpkin Spice Paint Chips Rating: 5 out of 10
Cloves Rating: For Days out of 10
Overall Rating: 9 out of 10

Our friends at Cerealously reviewed Pumpkin Spice Cheerios too! Check out what they had to say at the link below:

Review: General Mills Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

To keep up with all of our products finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/junkbanterblog
Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkbanter
Twitter: www.twitter.com/junkbanter
Snapchat
: junkbanter

To contact us via e-mail, send a message to junkbanter@gmail.com

Facebook Comments

Related Posts

  1. can’t wait to swoop these up – hopefully make it to a Target this weekend – no dice on Sunday in the bay

  2. Junk Male says:

    I found them yesterday at Walmart in the Family Size if you strike out at Target.

  3. Steph says:

    felt really betrayed when I went to the Target closest to me today and found they have about 50 variations of cheerios on their shelves, but no pumpkin spice 🙁 had to settle for sprinkled donut crunch.

    • Junk Male says:

      That’s not the worst consolation prize. Some Targets have put it out faster than others, and I’ve also seen it fly off the shelf at the Target closest to me. The Walmart near me has Pumpkin Spice Cheerios in Family Size, if that helps!

Leave a Reply