Wake up, drink coffee, hunt for Oreos.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
It seems that’s the order of operations in my life here in 2019, where we’ve been flooded with new Oreo releases, new Oreo announcements, and new Oreo rumors every damn week to the point where I don’t know what’s out, what’s coming out, or what the hell I even came to the store looking for anymore.
Seriously, let’s recap all the Oreo stuff that’s happened already:
- Carrot Cake Oreos came out.
- Dark Chocolate Oreos came out.
- Something called Love, Oreos came out.
- Fudge Covered Oreos came out.
- White Fudge Dipped Oreo Thins Bites also came out.
- Buttered Popcorn Oreos might come out (rumor has it they were scrapped).
- S’mores Oreos came back!
- Blueberry Pie Oreos didn’t come back (I’m still pissed about this).
- Marshmallow Moon Oreos are coming out soon.
- Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Oreos will come out later.
- Maple Creme Oreos will also come out later
It’s only fitting that the latest flavor is the very thing I’m sipping on to try and keep up with all this madness.
Nabisco Latte Oreo Thins follow several coffee-flavored Oreos that have come and gone through the years, in our country and abroad.
So while this new, “permanent” flavor to the Oreo Thins lineup may not be as exciting or inventive as some of the others, the track record suggests it will at least be tasty if nothing else.
“If nothing else”, indeed.
Latte Oreo Thins are good! The coffee flavor is strong, creamy-sweet, milky… whatever latte words you want to insert. I think it tastes more like a vanilla latte than a regular one, but I think this makes it marginally more interesting (even if it’s partly just my imagination).
One thing is for sure: it tastes more like coffee than the Dunkin’ Donuts Mocha Oreos from a couple years ago. Those had a balance between coffee and chocolate within the creme, where these Latte Oreo Thins are just coffee in the creme and chocolate in the cookie.
Personally, however, I recall liking the Dunkin’ Mocha ones more than these.
I’m positive coffee lovers will like the Latte Oreo Thins… possibly even love them. They are good cookies that I will probably never buy again, and I’m okay with that.
Now back in the car for me… I’ve gotta go look for the stupid Marshmallow Moon Oreos that’ll probably taste just like the Peeps Oreos from 2018, not to be confused with the stupid Peeps Oreos from 2017.
At least they have rocket ships on them instead of a friggin’ Peep.
- How do you remember all this Oreo stuff?Because I’m fat.
- Would these be better on Golden Thins? Nope; tried it.
- Man, you really are fat. I once buttered a Twinkie.
Place of Purchase: Everywhere
Rating: 7.5 out of 10
To keep up with all of our product finds and Junk Bantering in real time, follow us on social media at the links below!
To contact us via e-mail, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org